Friday, October 3, 2014

Nostalgia




Feeling nostalgic for the blisteringly warm summer nights, on this frigid autumn day. The school year is off to an accelerated start, and its busier than ever. I have never been so involved in this many extracurriculars...well, ever. It seems that Junior year is geared towards "prettifying" your college apps, which are sortof, kindof, almost around the corner. Luckily for me, I happen to love the extracurriculars that I am apart of this year, as they continue to cultivate inspiration for me.

Last season, I scoured stores to find the perfect leather skirt, however, being in the summer heat, I put off this task because a. it was 90 degrees the day I found a great leather skirt and b. the hot weather and me profusely sweating, seriously clouded my "fashion judgment," so I compromised by coaxing myself to buy a black mini cotton pixie skirt. Much to my demise, leather is in this season, and I should have bought that leather skirt during summer when it was on sale. UGH. Oh well :/
On a positive note, this is one of my favorite outfits because its fun and flirty, and you can virtually dress it up or down; with heels or sandals and a different cardigan. I also like the gold accents throughout this outfit with my gold cardigan, and necklace, which help to balance out the harsh black tones. 

Top: Zara
Cardigan: Zara
Skirt: Necessary Clothing
Heels: mom's closet
Sandals: Vintage Sam Edleman
Necklace: mom's closet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post, you rock!