Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mid West in MA






This year, designers like Kenzo, Jean Paul Gaultier, Louis Vutton, Burberry Prorsum, Chloe, and Dolce and Gabbanna (just to name a few) inscribed suedes, fringe, studs and Navajo accessories, full throttle, into their 2015 spring/summer collections. My favorites are Stella Mccartney and Burberry's lines. Stella revamps this ancient look, and by ancient, I mean that in a compliment (this style just keeps coming back), into that of an elegant and sophisticated series, while Burberry takes raw materials to a whole new level- only the finest. Burberry joins together the "amorous feelings" of tassel design, with elegant British inspired pieces. Christopher Bailey, definitely has his own unique understanding of western wear/ cowboy trend, and you know what?! I like it.


Seriously though, I dig the organic inspired, rugged cowboy trend, that's somehow surfacing amongst the other very, VERY structured trends, in this 2015 spring/summer season.
My reason for posting this, is not only because I love cowboys (if you couldn't already tell), but because I recently visited my sister at SMU, in Dallas, and YES, I enjoyed the hot sun and 80 degree weather. To top it off, I practically came back with a southern accent-Texas is too cute! In light of visiting the south for the first time, I thought I would do an east coast winter, meets mid west, inspired look. Sorry, you will be seeing no cowgirls boots because this is New England after all.

Photo Credit: Amanda Lin 
http://streetxbean.blogspot.com/




3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post, you rock!